|Monday – Thursday: 9:00AM – 12:00PM, 2:00PM – 4:00PM & 6:00PM – 8:00PM|
|Friday & Saturday: 9:00AM -12:00PM & 2:00PM – 4:00PM|
|Sunday: No passports applications accepted|
To get started with your passport application, make sure you have all of your documents, copies, payments, and photograph. All the items you need are listed below.
Passport renewals – do not require a visit to an Acceptance Facility – see below
Anyone applying for a first time passport must apply in person using form DS-11. If you were under 16 when your passport was issued (a 5 year passport) you can not renew.
- Applications – Applications may be filled out online at www.travel.state.gov and then printed single-sided. The Library also provides applications which must be filled out in black ink with no whiteout. Do not sign the application until asked to do so by an agent.
- Applicants and relevant parties – The applicant must be present. Both parents and children must be present for all minor applications under the age of 16.
- Valid photo identification – Applicants and parents of applicants under age 16 must have a valid photo ID.
- Original proof of citizenship – such as certified, original, long form birth certificates, naturalization papers, or a U.S. Passport for applicants over the age of 16.
- Current passport photo – The Library does not provide photo services, however there are several places near the Library that provide the service, such as Costco and Walgreens. Please note: eyeglasses must be removed for passport photos and must be taken in the last six months.
Note: The U. S. State Department has strict photo guidelines and acceptance of your photo is always at the discretion of the U. S. passport agency.
- Fees – The Library accepts cash or check for the Passport execution fee, which is $35.00 per passport application. All payments made to the U.S. Department of State must be made by check or money order. The Department of State does NOT accept credit or debit cards. For specific fee information, please contact the Library.
For further information on the passport application process please visit the U.S. State Department website. Please also feel free to call the Lemont Public Library Information Desk at (630) 257-6541 option 2. We are happy to review passport application requirements with you.
Passport Application Status
The U.S. Dept. of State estimates the following processing times for your passport application:
|Routine: 4 – 6 Weeks||Expedited: 2 – 3 Weeks|
The Library does not have access to information regarding the status of your application. Please contact the National Passport Information Center directly.
You can check your application status online or by phone. You will need the following information:
- Last Name
- Include suffixes (Jones III, Patton Jr, etc.)
- Include hyphens as appropriate (Jackson-Smith)
- Date of Birth (MM/DD/YYYY)
- Last Four Digits of Social Security Number
- Access the Online Passport Status System to check your application status.
- It takes 7-10 business days after you applied for your application to be trackable online.
- Receive automatic email updates on the status of your application by entering your email address after locating your pending application in the Online Passport Status System.
Check by Phone
Monday- Friday 7:00 am to 9:00 pm Central Time
Saturday 9:00 am to 2:00 pm Central Time
*Excluding Federal Holidays
It is undamaged and can be submitted with your application;
Was issued when you were age 16 or older;
Was issued within the last 15 years; (not expired more than 5 years) and
Was issued in your current name or you can legally document your name change with a certified copy of your marriage certificate or government-issued document evidencing your legal name change.