Overdrive has eBooks, eAudiobooks and digital magazines.
You can sign in by selecting Lemont Public Library as your library, and entering your library card barcode and PIN.
Overdrive items can be checked out for 7, 14 or 21 days. They will automatically return themselves at the end of whichever loan period you select, you don't need to do anything. There are no renewals, if the item is available you can simply check it out again.
Some Overdrive items are compatible with Kindle. These items will says "Kindle Books" under Formats on the item page.
If you want to use Overdrive on a smartphone or tablet, use the Libby by Overdrive app in the App Store (iPhone/iPad) or Google Play Store (Android phones/tablets). Otherwise you can still use the Overdrive app on Kindle Fires.
Hoopla has eBooks, eAudiobooks, music, movies, television shows and comics.
You must register with Hoopla with an email address and password, as well as authenticating your library barcode and PIN.
You have a limited number of credits on Hoopla per month. These credits do not roll over from month to month.
Hoopla items will return themselves at the end of their loan period. You do not need to do anything to return them.
Lemont Public Library subscribes to the following databases. To access remotely, you will be prompted to enter your 14 digit Lemont Library card number. General Research:
- Funk and Wagnall’s New World Encyclopedia - Over 25,000 encyclopedic entries covering a variety of subject areas.
- Gale Opposing Viewpoints in Context - Opposing Viewpoints in Context is the premier online resource covering today’s hottest social issues, from capital punishment to immigration, to violent video games.
- Literary Reference Center - A rich full-text literary database covering all genres and time periods. It includes thousands of synopses, critical essays, book reviews, literary journals and author biographies, plus full-text classic novels, short stories and poems.
- Master File Premier - Full text for nearly 1,700 magazines and journals with full-text information dating as far back as 1975.
- Middle Search Plus - A full-text database providing popular middle school magazines, reference e-books, and thousands of primary source documents and videos. Subjects include history, current events, science and sports.
- Primary Search - A full-text database of carefully curated content for elementary school libraries. It includes full text for the most popular children's magazines, e-books, and easy-to-read encyclopedic entries written specifically for kids.
- Reference USA - Find businesses, people, doctors and explore the millions of job postings with this resource.
- Regional Business News - Coverage of more than 80 regional business publications covering all metropolitan and rural areas within the United States.
- Science Reference Center – Designed to meet every student researcher’s needs, Science Reference Center contains full text for hundreds of science magazines, journals, encyclopedias, reference books and a vast collection of images.
Lemont Public Library subscribes to the following databases. To access remotely, you will be prompted to enter your 14 digit Lemont Library card number. Due to licensing restrictions, some database services are limited to in-library use only (as indicated below). Business & Finance Starting a business? Looking to invest? The Lemont Public Library provides several tools to help your business grow.
- Business Source Premier - Full text articles for more than 2,300 journals, including full text for more than 1,100 peer-reviewed titles.
- Investor's Business Daily - The digital version of the weekly newspaper. Discover stock lists, ETFs, and much more. (In library use only, see reference librarian for access).
- Public Records - Compiles public information from Will, Cook and surrounding counties and includes new homeowners and mortgages, new business licenses and incorporations, tax liens, tax sales for property, and foreclosures and bankruptcies. Use this link at home
- Reference USA - The premiere source of information for reference and research.
- Regional Business News - Coverage of more than 80 regional business publications covering all metropolitan and rural areas within the United States
Lemont Public Library subscribes to the following databases. To access remotely, you will be prompted to enter your 14 digit Lemont Library card number. Consumer Information
- Chicago Consumer's Checkbook - Online edition of the popular magazine. In library use only, ask Reference Librarian for login information.
- Consumer Health Complete - Resource for consumer-oriented health content, including medical reference works, drug information, and instructional videos.
- Consumer Reports - In addition to product ratings and reviews, users will find in-depth advice, tips and trends written by Consumer Reports experts.
- Legal Information Reference Center - Contains hundreds of full-text legal publications and thousands of legal forms.
- Auto Repair Source - Contains do-it-yourself repair and maintenance information on most major manufacturers of domestic and imported vehicles
Lemont Public Library subscribes to the following databases. To access remotely, you will be prompted to enter your 14 digit Lemont Library card number. Due to licensing restrictions, some database services are limited to in-library use only (as indicated below). Family History and Genealogy
Udemy – Offers more than 12,000 high-quality, on-demand video courses taught by world-class instructors across 75 categories for upskilling in the areas of business, technology, and design. Your can also achieve personal success with courses on health and well-being, the arts, language learning, and more.
Mango Languages - Mango Languages provides courses on over 70 languages, including Arabic, Portugese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, and English. Its courses include sections on both listening and reading.
- Pinnacle Online Catalog - Access to the print and AV collections of the Pinnacle Library Cooperative - Lemont, White Oak, Joliet, Plainfield, Shorewood and Fountaindale libraries. Search here for books, audiobooks, music CDs, DVDs, magazines and more.
- Novelist Plus - Novelist Plus is a database of books centered around finding new reads. It breaks books down into appeal terms which allow you to search for other books that incorporate similar elements and has built-in read-a-like recommendations for many titles and authors. It also has regularly made recommendation lists.
- Novelist K-8 - Novelist K-8 is Novelist Plus, but geared toward kids and teens.
- WorldCat - Find what you want in a library near you with WorldCat, a global catalog of library collections.