The Friends of the Lemont Public Library is a non-profit organization of Lemont residents dedicated to encouraging public interest and financial support for our library. We believe our library is one of our community’s greatest assets and know that our first-rate library makes Lemont a better place to live. Therefore, we work to broaden community awareness and use of library services and resources. We promote and support the various programs and cultural activities held at the library for the enjoyment of the entire community.
The Friends believe in the value of books and reading for people of all ages.
- The Friends believe that the library is an information center where the public has access to books, periodicals, computers, film, music, art and more.
- The Friends believe that although the library receives tax dollars, there are programs and projects that could be added and supplemented with financial help from the Friends.
Join the Friends
Our meetings are held on the second Monday of each month (except in July) in the Library meeting room starting at 7 p.m. Member participation is encouraged.
Membership dues are inexpensive. To become a Friend of the Library, please print the membership form and mail the form with your dues to the following address:
Friends of the Lemont Public Library
50 E. Wend Street
Lemont, IL 60439
You may also drop off the completed membership form and dues at the Library
The Friends annually contribute to ongoing Library programs and purchases, such as:
– Children’s summer reading program
– Adult and community programs
– 19 new computers for public use
– Media drop box
– Computer tables for childrens department