Are you a highly motivated, detail oriented and energetic librarian looking to make a meaningful impact ? Lemont Public Library is looking for a Teen/ Adult Services Librarian who can work well under pressure and thrive as a multitasker in a library environment that values excellence, innovation and friendly, responsive customer service. You will have the opportunity to work with a fun, dedicated group of employees to serve a community that appreciates and uses its library!
Education & Experience:
MLS required, at least 1 year experience working in a public library in the adult or teen services department is strongly preferred.
- Collection Development – selection and maintenance of Young Adult Fiction, Young Adult Non-Fiction, Graphic Novel and Young Adult Audiobook Collection.
- Teen Programming experience preferred.
- Technology instruction including iPads, Smartphones, PCs and eLibrary content.
- Experience with STEM technology and programming a plus.
- Proficiency with social media (especially Facebook, Twitter & Instagram) and other facets of the internet.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Windows operating systems.
- Experience as designated “Librarian in Charge” preferable.
- Experience using Polaris ILS preferable.