Adult Services Librarian
Full Time or Part Time: Full TimeHours: 37.5Salary: $23.00 per hour or higher, DOQ
We are seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic Librarian to join our Adult Services team and support our mission to provide friendly, knowledgeable service, programs and resources to a community that values their library.
Education & Experience:
MLS from an accredited library school and at least 2 years’ experience working in Adult Services in a public library required.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with emphasis on providing a welcoming and helpful experience for library patrons.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all departments in the library.
- Collection development experience for adult fiction collections.
- Knowledge of popular reading trends and authors.
- Ability to market fiction collections through creative displays, services and programs.
- Ability to effectively promote programs and services via both social media and print formats.
- Knowledge of Polaris ILS and Collection HQ helpful.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Windows and iOS systems.
- Experience as designated “Librarian in Charge” preferable.
- Provide welcoming, knowledgeable reference and reader’s advisory assistance at Adult Services desk.
- Selection and maintenance of Adult fiction and select other collections.
- Manage inter-library loan requests and book group holds.
- Provide one-on-one technology instruction including iPad and eLibrary content.
Schedule: Flexibility required; includes weekend and evening hours.
Benefits: IMRF participation, medical insurance with limited employee contribution, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, 17 days’ vacation, and sick leave per the Library Personnel Policy.
Application Deadline: Open until filledApplication Note:
Email letter of interest and resume to Sandra D. Pointon, Library Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lemont Public Library District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.