Employment Opportunities (3)
Interim Library Director
The Lemont Public Library District is seeking an energetic, innovative person to fill an interim director position while a search is conducted for a permanent director. This is a full-time, exempt, temporary position.
The District Library is located about 30 miles SW of downtown Chicago, and serves a population of approximately 25,000 in Cook and DuPage counties. The Library is financially stable with an annual operating budget of 1.5 million and a staff of 9 FT and 24 PT employees. A beautiful renovation of the 20,000 sq ft building was completed in May 2016 with advancements in technology, meeting spaces, and an exciting new children’s area. The interim director would report to a 7-member elected board of trustees. Historic Lemont is a unique community that offers a small town quality of life in a growing metropolitan environment.
Qualifications: Qualified candidates must have an MLS or MLIS degree from an ALA accredited school. The interim director must have excellent people skills, a desire to promote the Library to the community, be able to demonstrate knowledge of budgeting and fiscal issues, and strong operational and leadership skills.
Benefits: Anticipated start date – February 2020 and continuing for approximately 4-6 months. Salary commensurate with experience-Grade 10 competitive insurance, applicable retirement and paid time off benefits, contemporary and pleasant work environment.
Applications: Submit a letter of application, resume, and two professional references by January 10, 2020 to:
Secretary, Board of Trustees
Chair, Interim Director/Director Search Committee
Lemont Public Library
50 E. Wend St
Lemont, IL 60439
Email responses also accepted to: email@example.com
Note: Applicants should be prepared to provide additional professional references upon request.
Adult Services Librarian
Full Time Hours: 37.5 hours, Salary: $23.00 per hour or higher, DOQ
We are seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic Librarian to join our Adult Services team and support our mission to provide friendly, knowledgeable service, programs and resources to a community that values their library.
Education & Experience:
MLS from an accredited library school and at least 2 years’ experience working in Adult Services in a public library required.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with emphasis on providing a welcoming and helpful experience for library patrons.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all departments in the library.
- Collection development experience for adult fiction collections.
- Knowledge of popular reading trends and authors.
- Ability to market fiction collections through creative displays, services and programs.
- Ability to effectively promote programs and services via both social media and print formats.
- Knowledge of Polaris ILS and Collection HQ helpful.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Windows and iOS systems.
- Experience as designated “Librarian in Charge” preferable.
- Provide welcoming, knowledgeable reference and reader’s advisory assistance at Adult Services desk.
- Selection and maintenance of Adult fiction and select other collections.
- Manage inter-library loan requests and book group holds.
- Provide one-on-one technology instruction including iPad and eLibrary content.
Schedule: Flexibility required; includes weekend and evening hours.
Benefits: IMRF participation, medical insurance with limited employee contribution, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, 17 days’ vacation, and sick leave per the Library Personnel Policy.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Email letter of interest and resume to Chris Schoenherr, Head of Adult and Teen Services at firstname.lastname@example.org