June 15th – August 9th, 2014
Read books at home and record them on our website or turn in your Weekly Summer Reading Log by Sunday every week. Click here to enter your books!
Win signed books, baseball tickets, Starbucks gift cards from Hogan and Associates, A Kindle e-reader (Grand Prize) and much more!
Pick up your Weekly Summer Reading Log in the Teen Space in the library starting on Monday every week. To qualify for that week’s prize drawing you must turn your log in at the library or online by 5 pm on Sunday
Turn your logs in by June 29 for the first weekly prize drawing.
To qualify for a grand prize entry you must read at least 2 hours (or about 20 minutes a day ) every week. If you are on vacation you may turn in your reading log through the online form or turn in your paper copy when you return to Lemont.
Turn in last reading log on August 8 before the Finale Party to be entered into the Grand Prize Drawing.
Pick up a Teen Top Ten Challenge when you pick up your reading log. Follow the instructions on the challenge sheet to qualify for extra grand prize drawing entries.
Teen Top Ten List Summer Challenge
- Cross off each book on the YALSA Teen Top Ten voting list as you read it.
- To get credit for the challenge you must write a review for each book you read.
- Drop the review off at the Youth Services desk when you turn in a reading log or send a copy of the book review to the teen librarian at email@example.com
- For every 3 book you read and review, you get an extra grand prize entry to win a Kindle eReader or a gift card.
- Read and review 5 in a row on the grid on the back of this sheet and get one additional grand prize entry (must show grid to librarian to receive entry)
- Book reviews will be posted to the Lemont Teen Website. Remember to include your name for credit.
Finale Party: Saturday, August 16 – 7:00-11:00 pm
Come and celebrate the end of Summer Reading at the Library! We will have a cookout with hotdogs, chips, and drinks. We will announce the winners of the Teen Summer Reading grand prizes and there will be lawn games and movie screenings until 11 pm. For grades 6-12, only Summer Reading participants can register