Lemont Public Library subscribes to the following databases. To access remotely, you will be prompted to enter your 14 digit Lemont Library card number.
- Consumer Health Complete – Resource for consumer-oriented health content, including medical reference works, drug information, and instructional videos.
- Consumer Reports – In addition to product ratings and reviews, users will find in-depth advice, tips and trends written by Consumer Reports experts.
- Legal Information Reference Center – Contains hundreds of full-text legal publications and thousands of legal forms.
- Auto Repair Reference Center – Contains do-it-yourself repair and maintenance information on most major manufacturers of domestic and imported vehicles.
- Hobbies and Crafts Reference Center - Contains information and ideas for arts, crafts, needle craft, home and garden tips and everything in between.
- Home Improvement Reference Center - full-text content from leading home improvement magazines, images not found anywhere else online, and videos of popular home repair projects.
- Small Engine Repair Reference Center - Have an ATV, Snowmobile, Tractor, Motorcycle or Lawn Mower? EBSCO provides guides for several small engine repairs.
Other Consumer Information
- Affordable Care Act - The Health Insurance Marketplace offered through the Healthcare.gov.
- Better Business Bureau – The BBB helps people find and recommend businesses, brands and charities they can trust.
- CNET Reviews – Technology reviews from appliances to tablets to software and everything in between.
- Consumer Search – Naming the best products in over 300 categories including beauty, housewares, electronics, fitness and parenting.