Technical Services Manager
Lemont Public Library is seeking an organized, innovative and detail-oriented person to head our Technical Services Department housed in our beautiful, newly renovated library. This position oversees all technical services workflow and staff, including core functions of acquisitions, cataloging, serials, processing and deletion of library materials. Serving on the management team, the incumbent will also work with the library director and other department heads on library-wide issues, initiatives and events.
Primary Duties include:
- Supervision of technical services assistant(s) and clerks. Oversees Technical Services staff schedule, workflow and training.
- Continually evaluates processes and looks to better serve patrons by innovating and effectively implementing changes, projects, and new ideas.
- Catalogs 50-60% of the Library’s new print and AV materials
Education: Requires an MLS from an ALA accredited university. Concentration in Information Organization and/or Cataloging required.
Experience & Skills: Minimum two years’ experience cataloging within a public library setting.
- Strong working knowledge of RDA, MARC 21, AACR2, Library of Congress Subject Headings, and the Dewey Decimal Classification System.
- Knowledge of productivity suites and integrated library systems (experience with Polaris Library System preferred, but not required).
- Knowledge of Acquisitions procedures, ordering systems and library vendors.
This is an exempt position, expected to work 37.5 to 40.0 hours per week, primarily weekdays. Excellent benefits.Salary: $1,800 biweekly or higher DOQ
Please send a cover letter and resume to Sandra Pointon, Library Director
Please fill out the following application – Lemont Library Employment Application.
Lemont Public Library District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.